During this age the preschool child is learning primarily by exploring the surroundings around him. Although children have developed some self control, they still do not have sufficient knowledge or control over their bodies to avoid danger. Thus they constantly need to be watched.
Hence, while selecting gift items for them you should take care of their safety. Here is a list of few things that you can buy.
- Building blocks and play dough: Simple building blocks and play dough enhance the child’s gross and fine motor coordination.
- Deflated balls and rings: These will help strengthen the child’s respiratory system, as it would require him/her to blow air, which will be a form of exercise for the lungs.
- Picture books: This is the age when children are introduced to books and an important part of learning begins. Thus picture books are good gifts to give and add a lot of value.
- Colours: preferably crayon and pencil colours along with colouring books.
- Pull back toys: aeroplane, car, jeep, crane and other wheeled toys.
- Water bottle, pencil boxes and lunch boxes: Different shaped
- Sippers: Plastic glasses with a lid and a plastic straw2_3.gif
- Audiocassettes of nursery rhymes and songs
- Elementary learning C.D’s
- Memory games
- Shoulder bags
- Piggy bank
- Always keep in mind the age of the child while selecting gift items.
- Books can be given to children of any age group starting from two-year-olds but the level of complexity varies which is what needs to be taken care of.
- Choose gifts intelligently. A gift should be of some use to the child.Give a good gift and see an ear-to-ear smile.<>